Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things that make you go "Ommm..."



The image above popped up in my Facebook feed today. I captured it because I love learning the origins of the yoga terminology we use so often. I think most of us have heard that yoga, the word, comes from the Sanskrit word for yoke, bound together. And hatha comes from ha, sun, and tha, moon (incredibly oversimplified).

But guru's definition was new to me. I love it because I began my yoga practice in earnest during a period of such darkness, and as I've written before (I'm pretty sure), it brought me to a place of light.

There's so much to write, so many ideas to explore, but my head has been spinning a little bit lately. It's like my mind is an overstocked refrigerator, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to make from all of this abundance... It's been so difficult to output cohesive bits of anything over the past month or so. Instead of going on a climbing trip over Memorial Day weekend with the boyfriend and his friends, I am considering staying put, slowing down, and catching up on the things I haven't foundmade time to do.

Much love. ♥

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the overstocked refrigerator tendency, woman. That's a great way of putting it.

    I love the guru definition! At the workshop recently, the instructor pointed out that Hatha means sun + moon. There's always that balance. We can't have one without the other; the trick is to be OK with both of them coexisting.

    Hey, I got an idea for a blog post! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to it, as always, E. :)

    ReplyDelete