Wednesday, January 27, 2010

waiting game

I'm itching to buy the old blue Bikram book before work today, but can't because I'll spend all day at work flipping through it, resisting (hopefully successfully) urges to blurt out to my coworkers "Can you believe the benefits of x posture?" "Did you know the parathyroid is compressed in y posture?" "So *that's* why I feel dizzy/nauseous/homicidal after z posture; ahhhh..."

So I'll pick it up after work, and geek out on the train home.

In the meantime, I'll have to be satisfied reading the cover story of today's NYT food section, which bears a headline about chocolate and chakras. It could be up my alley, or it could annoy the crap out of me, with incomplete information and gross generalizations. (I'll add the link when I get to work, as I haven't been brave enough to try extensive html coding when posting from my phone.)

Namaste, y'all!
xo

Edit: Here's the link. I think I want to reread this article a few times before I write too much about it. I will say that I appreciate the acknowledgment that "[t]here are many ways to 'do' yoga: the term embraces meditation, worship, study and action, as well as the physical pretzeling that Americans primarily associate with the term." I'm amused that food is the hot controversy among yogis. Bikram is soooo yesterday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment